DFW Car Show on Sat July 14, 2012 - House of Hotrods in Mansfield, Texas

Discussion in 'Meets & Get-Togethers' started by ChevyFan, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

cell phone stinks for my carrier out there, but I was there for a short while, we've been fighting a stomach bug (again) and the kids wants to go home, one of them wasn't feeling well.

The show's going on for another 90 minutes or more with an after party at Fat Daddy's in Mansfield. I'll try to get some photos of the event posted up here shortly.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I walked around there from about 1100 to 1300, met a lot of great people, got a pic of a late 60's Chevy truck up front laying frame and an awesume early 50's Suburban.
    Lots of nice rides, but no late model trucks.
    Met a lady with a 75 Baja Bug who was when I got there trying to meet and greet every person that attended, she looked pretty worn out by time I passed her on the way home.

3. ChevyFan

Too bad I missed you! My 1yo has been sick for a week and a half and almost had to go into the hospital to get fluids, then my 4yo and 7yo got sick, then me and my wife as well. Just getting out in the heat for an hour was just too much for them to take. 4yo started to dry heave and they started to fight a bit ... lol, so it was a short outing, but it's just one of those things that keeps popping up when there's something cool and fun to do. I had to miss out on a Google conference because of a stomach virus in May.

Anyhow, here are some photos that I shot. I'll upload them into two or three posts and won't offer any narration, just show them as they are. You will see a shot from the Bo & Jim Corvette that they're giving away next Saturday.

car show 091.jpg car show 092.jpg car show 095.jpg car show 099.jpg car show 104.jpg car show 110.jpg car show 117.jpg car show 118.jpg car show 126.jpg car show 128.jpg car show 134.jpg

4. ChevyFan

Here are some more shots ...

car show 172.jpg car show 173.jpg car show 098.jpg car show 117.jpg car show 120.jpg car show 121.jpg car show 124.jpg car show 125.jpg car show 128.jpg car show 135.jpg car show 140.jpg car show 146.jpg car show 148.jpg car show 149.jpg car show 156.jpg car show 157.jpg car show 158.jpg car show 160.jpg car show 162.jpg car show 164.jpg car show 166.jpg car show 168.jpg car show 169.jpg

5. tbplus10

I'll give ya a little narration for your shots:

Dont know how I missed pic #1 but I never saw the Vicky

The owner of the pic #2 let me sit in his car, one nice bubble top, only partially restored, paint is original

The blue Tempest started up when I was leaving, after hearing it I'm surprised he didnt have the hood open, hot cam and ready to drag race, he did a lap around the garage before he romped up the side road to where everybody had their car trailers parked next door, he tried to get me to race him on my bike but that roads a little rough and I didnt feel like picking rocks out of fresh wounds after I fell, didnt seem like a good way to end the day

The young lady standing behind the bug was the owner for tha last 15 years, she started out the day trying to greet everyone, as you can see she got quite worn out and was ready for an airconditioned room later

pics 19 and 20 second page, the old Dodge Dart, look closely at the air cleaner cover, it's a 49 Dodge hub cap center drilled, the owner is a local buisness owner that specializes in rebuilding alternators and generators.
    Across form him under the carport cover was a 39 Chevy Sedan, another local buisness owner that did the flame work on the dodge and pinstriping on a few other cars out there.

Somehow I missed the black T bird too.

I got a shot of the primered Chevy up front on the frame rails and the old Suburban low rider but for some reason I cant seem to get them to download to the site.

6. bby366

bby366 Member

Buddy and I went.Enjoyed it.Thanks for the heads up Steve.

7. tbplus10

I know a little late but heres the only two pics I took at the car show last weekend, there was less than a dozen trucks at the show but these were my two favorites. There was also a mid 70's Chevy stepside I liked but the way it was positioned I couldnt get a good shot of it. Enjoy!!
    phone pics 6 060.jpg

phone pics 6 062.jpg

8. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

9. tbplus10

Yea isnt that the coolest burb you've seen in a while, the paint color is a factory offered mint green, with forest green lace paint on the top, optional A/C unit in the side window, factory sun visor, light shades fender markers, the list goes on.
    This particular Burb started out local as a driver with low mileage but it was blue with a white top and no options, the present owner spent 15 yrs fixing it up and hunting down period correct options to put on it so that now it's a fully optioned truck the way you could've bought it from the dealer back then.
    The only modern options on the truck are an air ride suspension to get it in the weeds, lace paint on the roof, slider sun roof, and 18" steel wheels vice the factory 15's.
    The owner also knows where another Burb like this is for sale at a low price that hasnt been modified yet, I'm seriously contemplating a new project, Ive been thinking mid 70's van done retro but I might go with a panel burb if the price is right.

10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Definitely a panel burb project would be my first pick but 70's van would be good especially since I havent seen too many people restoring vans. But that burb is great and the more options you have that came available with that truck new the better. I didnt know that mint green was a factory color though, but it fits the truck perfectly. The project I really want in the future is a chevy 3100 pickup with an air ride. Definitely post a build thread whenever or if you get a new project, would love to see!