Diablew Tune

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by derekj, Mar 22, 2010.

1. derekj

derekj Rockstar

Sometime ago, I purchased a diablo preditor. I went this route as it allowed me direct control of my truck. Speed limiter,re-calibration for wheels, long term fuel trims, timing and the list goes on. The benefit was to be better mpg and overall drive-ability. Now I started with the 87 tune which really woke this 8.1l up, thought there could not be much of a difference with the 91/93 octane tune, but there was a huge difference. I then added a magnaflow muffler (12599) and thought what the hell, I'd heard a lot about a diablew tune from Lew so I went ahead and ordered my tune. With the diablo, I loaded my stock tune and customized 93 tune and sent it off along with a data run. Lew worked magic and I am speechless as to the difference in this truck. It feels light,crisp and will blow the crap out of most cars/truck on the road. I got a buddy to drive my 740il bmw next to me and we stayed neck to neck until about 120, when I decided to back off. If you are looking at the best value for money performance add on this is by far the most advanced as it also allows you to tweak.
    By the way....just because I am offering my input ...please don't accuse me of working for them. I am and will proudly recommend Lew. He goes by 06MonteSS on the diablo website too. Try him you will not be disappointed.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like a real improvement on your truck. I wouldn't mind haveing it done on my motor home w/8.1L.

3. derekj

derekj Rockstar

You absolutely wont regret it. I have tuned my dodge cummins (5) form 12 valve to 24 valve 6.7 with tuners and chips even a motorhome I had with a cummins and I really was not expecting the results from the diablo that I got, but after the canned tunes compared to the Lewtune, its like chalk and cheese.

4. derekj

derekj Rockstar

Hey Retired, I notice you are down the road from me. I live on 123 between San Marcos and Seguin, if you want firsthand experience before you make a move PM me. This will even work on your truck.

5. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

yeah, take him for a rip in that thing now!

:gasp: