1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Diablo pred

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by sierra11, Aug 7, 2011.

1. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anybody know where I could find a cheaper Diablo pred? I've seen them on ebay but I'm really hesitant to buy that not knowing if the person actually unlocked it from they're vehicle

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Be careful, even if its unlocked it could be a older version that doesn't data log. MarylandSpeed.com has the lastest versions for $279.00 shipped.

3. sierra11

oh okay yeah that is also something I'll keep in mind. I see that you have one, do you like it? and did you custom tune it? So I just found one on a website called truckaddons.com for $246. If they are selling it new shouldn't be the latest version?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  4. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

What's the model number, U7194? Also, you should add $30 for the USB cable if you want to data log and/or download custom tunes.

5. sierra11

Its a U7193 and yeah I was thinking about getting that with it

6. silveradotrailblazer

I've had my Pred. since '05 so its a older version that doesn't data log, but its still worth the money because after I installed the 87 tune I then adjusted the LongTermFuelTrims which makes a big differance along with other things like the idle, shift quickness and shift firmness etc...

7. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

is it just a USB to USB cord? or do they put some kind of custom end on so you have to buy their cord? I'm very interested in a tuner as my next mod.

8. silveradotrailblazer

Its a standard cord you can get from any RadioShack/electronic store. Nothing special.

9. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can try your local craigslist.

10. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

The Predator is obsolete, and will not be receiving any more updates. Diablo is putting all of their efforts into the Trinity now. Just my .02, but I wouldn't buy one. I have a Predator and it's pretty good but not overly impressive, but as far as hand helds its probably the best.