1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diablo Predator and Cams?

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by 01stepside, Oct 25, 2012.

1. 01stepside

01stepside New Member

Ok, so at first I was just looking to get a little extra power from my 4.8l but now I'm starting to step it up a bit and need a few questions answered. I bought the diablosport predator and it made a world of difference, noticed immediate power as soon as my foot hit the gas. I have an Airaid cold air intake and Gibson side exhaust and was looking to install some performance cams, not sure what kind yet waiting till after christmas to do most of the work and have most of my money, but I was wondering if the Diablo predator would work with the cams or would it blow first time at the track? I know the predator messes with the spark timing and other stuff but wasn't too sure if it would hurt to add cams?? anyways thanks for the help guys :)
  2. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

predator will not adjust what you'll need to for that... you'll need to get a custom dyno tune done... can try the dealer locator on diablo's site to try to locate a diablosport CMR tuning shop near you - they use diablo's tuning software and can do a custom dyno tune for you and load the tune on your predator for you...
  3. 01stepside

01stepside New Member

Thanks man appreciate it