Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diablo Predator Programmer

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chucknorris, May 15, 2011.

1. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

Anyone else disappointed with this product for the 07-11 Silverado V8 5.3L...
    I havent noticed any difference in power MPGs, nothing. I cant even tell a difference between the 87 octane tune and the 91... Maybe Im doing something wrong but anyone else not satisfied with it? Or have any tips on how to use it better?
  2. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Did you adjust for the bigger tires or just upload the tune? What gears do you have? Personally, I just went from the 93 Octane tune to the 87 Octane tune a few days ago because of gas prices and I can feel the sluggishness. There isn't as much get up and go.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As Metaluzc said after you installed the tune did you go to the modify tune section and adjust for your tire size? Also take the time and adjust your LongTermFuelTrims per Diablo's website. I know this made a differance with my truck, improved mpg's, throttle response and power. It does take afew miles for the truck to learn the new info.
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah like everyone else said i believe you can program the shift points and the firmness along with the tire size's and would be best to update everything online but i'm gonna go with the Hypertech Max Energy heard but nothing good about them.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

The Diablo has alot more adjustments than the Hypertech.
  6. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes I modified the tune per my 35s but still no difference. But I haven't heard of the LongTermFuelTrims before Ill definitely look into that, thanks for the responses.
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ha well SilveradoTrailblazer i changed my mind now been looking into the BlackBear Custom Tune they will be way better than any hand held programmar by far when they email me back and tell them exactly how i will want the tune they will give me a price soon.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

You can do custom tunes with the Preditor and Trinity, they also do data logging which is what Blackbear does, but when you want to make a change such as tire size, gears, idle etc. YOU can do them. Yes its more money in the begining to buy a Preditor or Trinity and then a custom tune but you also have a code reader and as I mentioned you can make other adjustments YOURSELF. I like being able to carry my Preditor with me so if I throw a code I can stop and check it out. Also the Diablo's have LIVE data that YOU can look at while you drive.
  9. Nath

Nath New Member

Silveradotrailblazer, I have ordered the Diablo Programmer and I am apprehensive, I hop I maker the right choice, I know this thread is a year old but hoping you still get them,,, I have an 07 tahoe with 33s and want to go to 35s but the truck is a slugmonster now and I love this truck but i hate the active fuel management and want more power>>harharharhar.....
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It'll help, but it won't be a silver bullet. Part of why it's a slugmonster (as you put it) is that you've put larger tires on the truck without correcting the rest of the system for those bigger, heavier tires. Regearing for your tire size is what it'll take to properly correct your issue. There are a number of threads on this forum about regearing and I've authored a few detailed responses to folks on that topic, so use the search feature to find them. (They're long and detailed, so I'm not retyping it all -- no offense.)

Don't worry, your purchase wasn't in vain -- as you must have a tuner to avoid having idiot lights after regearing. Do note, however, that the Diablosport predator is being phased out; the Diablosport InTune is its replacement.

Surreal

P.S. I still use a Predator...