1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Diablo Predator Tuner and 5.3L

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by KC8QVO, Mar 29, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. KC8QVO

KC8QVO New Member

Before I pull the trigger - based on some research I did it looks like this is the most versitile route to go for tweaking as well as codes. Is it worth the $400+? (tuner and the computer interface kit)

2. hildy19

hildy19 Rockstar 100 Posts

well depending on MPG gain it could pay for itself in a little bit. I called my local performance shop and they recommend the edge ct or something like that. They say 40+ HP and 2-3 mpg. Plus it mounts on the dash and has different gauges it can display and stuff.

3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

absolutely...

but, you can get it for 324.95, with the interface kit included free, AND free shipping... from marylandspeed.com...

;-)

4. KC8QVO

KC8QVO New Member

Can you link me to what your talking about? I just went to their site and the tuner is $369 with another $40 for the USB computer interface. That makes about $410.

Steve

5. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

6. Jake2670

Jake2670 New Member

7. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

Those are just scan tools, if you are looking for a tuning software, EFILive or HPTuners is what you need.

8. jeremytn86

jeremytn86 New Member

Its worth it

I have one for my 02 5.3 Z71 and i love it. Definately worth it. The factory presets alone make a huge difference in mileage and power, and you can take it a step further and use it to log your data and adjust accordingly and make an even bigger difference. After you buy it, just go to their website and use their forums and the guy that posted above me, moteSS will tell you how to make those adjustments. It is also a great scan and diagnostics tool as it tells you the problem, not just spit some code at you like some scanners. The data you can monitor with it bout how your truck is running is mind boggeling. Hope this helps.