1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

diablo programmer??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Jordan, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Jordan

Jordan New Member

hey iv been lokking into getting a programmer for my 5.3 and so far iv liked the diablo the best and so does my buddy, and we both got Z71s with the 5.3s, mine is a 99 and his is a 02, so instead of buying two of them i was wonderin if we could buy one and both be able to use with no trouble?
    Also if anybody else has got one of these, is there any problems with it? is it worth the money? or any other things u might think i need to know bout it.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP:rofl:
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I don't know about that one but the Hypertech I had "stored" the original tuning so it could be reloaded, if needed. If the Diablo does this, you probably can't do two trucks. Maybe someone with Diablo experience will chip in!
  3. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Ok thanx. il look into the hypertech some more, but yea maby il find some help on the diablo
    :great:
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Most programmers you can only use with one VIN at a time.
  5. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

There isnt a programmer on the market that will allow you to tune more than one vehicle at a time. I have the Bully Dog Try Before You Buy Tuner that I can load on 100 vehicles (Diesel only) but it "falls off" the truck after 100 miles and cant be done again.
    The Diablosport is decent. I just put one on my 08, but I'm not as impressed with it as I'd hoped.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

diabloprogrammer

i have diablo and love it! i run 87 octane and have made changes to program,raise idle100 rpms,raised part throttle shift points,shift firmness,added timing from2,000to4,000rpm. you have to play with it. it took me awhile, but it is worth it. also changed for my gearing and 35in. tires. you can look at live data while having someone drives so you can adjust on it. my truck is 05 4x4 c/cab 5.3 with new banks coldair intake,vararam t/body vol. stack,t/bodyspacer,jba shot tube headers, magnaflow high flow cats(they make a differance) magnaflow catback, percisiongears4.10s,msd wires, skyjacker 6in lift,bfgs a/ts,warn9.5xt winch
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

diabloprogrammer

i have diablo and love it! i run 87 octane and have made changes to program,raise idle100 rpms,raised part throttle shift points,shift firmness,added timing from2,000to4,000rpm. you have to play with it. it took me awhile, but it is worth it. also changed for my gearing and 35in. tires. you can look at live data while having someone drives so you can adjust on it. my truck is 05 4x4 c/cab 5.3 with new banks coldair intake,vararam t/body vol. stack,t/bodyspacer,jba shot tube headers, magnaflow high flow cats(they make a differance) magnaflow catback, percisiongears4.10s,msd wires, skyjacker 6in lift,bfgs a/ts,warn9.5xt winch
  8. DemoMatt3

DemoMatt3 Member

from what I've caught out of the programmers dwill is right, I have only seen them program one at a time. they go retarded when you try to program a 2nd truck. it asks you to reset the machine to orrig specs from prevous truck.
  9. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Thanx for the help everybody and im still wantin one but im in the process of talkin my dad into lettin me get it cause he thinks its gonna mess sumthin up so wish me luck and maby he evantually let me lol

Thanx
  10. white and chrome

white and chrome New Member

Ya stick to one truck at a time