Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Diablo Sport Tuner: 04 Silverado k1500 w/5.3 TIP

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by OneWheelWonder, Jan 14, 2011.

1. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

I just installed the 87 octane tune on my truck this evening. And i must say i am very pleased with the power and trans changes. BUT!!!

The book tells users that "if" you have onstar you need to remove the fuse for the radio before you install the tune. Well i got news for those guys. I drive a base model 4wd with no options and the tuner crashed 2 times before i pulled that fuse out.

As soon as i did BAM. Backed up the original tune and installed the new on with no flaws.

So my word of advice is if you are getting ready to put a Diablo tune in your truck save yourself the headache and just take the dang fuse out.

2. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I never pulled any fuses on my truck and the DSP installed fine. Did you have the radio off and didn't touch anything with power; seats, windows, wipers, etc?

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They want the radio fused removed because some factory systems draw a little power even when the truck is off and they want a good strong battery when programming. They want the OnStar fused pulled because GM sends monthly reports to OnStar subscribers and if your programming at the time it may interfer with the programming.