diablo sport

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nickpatton_189, Feb 13, 2010.

1. nickpatton_189

nickpatton_189 Rockstar 100 Posts

for some reason it seems like my tourqe management gets turned back on or something some how. when i turn it off the install the tune, it does fine, leaves off the line like a champ. but after driving for a while and going through town and stuff, if i try to take off the line again it lags really bad, like as if im just letting off the break and rolling off the line with engine idle. maybe a little faster but not much if any. does anyone kno what the heck is going on? i restored my truck back to stock and it took off the line nice and good? wtf? and restored my diablo and re installed it and again, good for a little while, then its like it gets turned back on, someone help!:erf:

2. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

that's because every time you flash it, learned items in the pcm, such as your fuel trims, get reset...

and after some miles/time, things are relearned by the pcm and settle back in based on driving habits...

have you gotten your fueling dialed in so that your average LTFT's are in the 0 to -2 range?

doing so will give you better throttle response, better acceleration, stronger pull, and better mileage...

here's info on how to do it:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=917

and for even better performance, you could get a custom tune written for your predator/truck by a diablosport CMR tuner...

3. nickpatton_189

nickpatton_189 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok ill lookin into that, doest seem too hard, but how do i make my tq management stay off, should i make the change in my tune and drive for bout 30 mins like with the other stuff?

4. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

you would just hook up to your obd port... select the same diablo tune you installed before, then go to Modify Tune... then scroll down the parameter list, select the Torque Management menu, and set them to "off"...

after you highlight "off" in each one, you'd press the center button on the predator to enter/save the change...

then when done, press the ESC button a few times to back out of the adjustments, and it will ask you "Install tune now?" - answer/select YES, and it will install the modified tune to your truck...

and then the TM will be off immediately...