1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diablo Trinity Tuning help?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Macattac3572, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Macattac3572

Macattac3572 New Member

I am trying to update my tuner from the website, in doing so I am also re-tuning my truck. I have looked through the forums and have not found what am looking for. I know that there is a post somewhere on here about how to tune your vehicle, it was a how to type post, and I beleive it was a post for either an Avalanche or Monte Carlo. Does anyone have this post saved somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member 100 Posts

I can't remember the forum off the top of my head, but [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] should be able to help ya out. He's the wizard I bought my Trinity from with tuning.
  3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

need to make sure you restore original backup to the truck first before updating the trinity...

you also need to have the DSDownloader program installed on your Windows PC... installing that will also install the Trinity usb drivers that need to be installed...

after restoring original backup to your truck, connect the trinity to your PC... let it boot up to main menu/screen...

start up the DSDownloader program... select Trinity T-1000 on first screen and click Accept Modifications... on the next screen it will start searching for and find your trinity and tell you what com port it found it on... click ok to that popup and then it will start downloading/installing any available updates for your trinity....

and here's the link to logging/adjusting the tune you were talking about:

http://diablosport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=917
  4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

Sorry don't mean to high jack the threat or anything.... Lew, just have to tell you... my truck runs awesome with the custom tune you did for me. My truck runs like 9k lb sports car... hard to keep my foot out of the throttle...:)))
  5. 06MonteSS

HAHAHA - nice!! ;)

thanks man, glad to hear it.... and glad you're happy with it!! :)
  6. Macattac3572

Macattac3572 New Member

Thank you [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION], This is the thread that I was looking for. Sometime in the near future I am looking at getting a custom tune.
  7. 06MonteSS

sounds good man! thanks! ;)