Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

DiabloSport inTune programmer now shipping!

Discussion in 'DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning' started by 06MonteSS, Dec 8, 2011.

1. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

1 person likes this.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

ok, now I'm curious. What's the deal with this and how does it work?

[​IMG]

intunefeatures.jpg

3. Kapelusprime

Kapelusprime Member

Footprint Question

Do your products leave an electronic footprint? Say I buy the predator, If unplugged when going to the dealer for a service can they find traces of your programmer? I see the trinity has re flash, what about predator? The in tune looks cool, but I'm looking to stay low buck right now. My truck runs fine, tuning it to stay at optimal 93 octane since it's all I run would be grate. Also for the future for any drive-ability issues that may arise with AMF on the 5.3. As far as your company's claims of horse power gains, do you have any real world data on increased Hp on a stock configuration, IE rolling dyno ect.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  4. 06MonteSS

none of the programmers need to stay plugged in... you connect it to the obd port, flash the tune to the vehicle's ecm, then you unplug the tool...

before going to a dealer, you would want to make sure that you restore the "original backup" stock tune to the vehicle first... and that way, no - there is no footprint...

if you left the tune in the vehicle, then yes, obviously they'd be able to tell... but when you restore the original backup stock tune, there is no footprint/watermark left, so no worries there...

the trinity, predator, intune, ALL have the ability to reflash/restore the original stock tune to the vehicle...

keep in mind, that the predator's will be phased out soon, due to the intune being their replacement... and the predator's do not have and will not have tcm/tranny support... the Trinity currently does and the intune will soon as well.. plus they will be able to tune more than one vehicle at a time with another planned future update.

there are no driveability issues... you can disable the DOD/AFM if you want, or leave it on... the hp/tq claims ARE based on real-world data, since the tunes are developed on an actual vehicle on a dyno...

5. Kapelusprime

Kapelusprime Member

Thank you sir for the fast reply; If the intune supports the 6 speed auto tune as well, then an intune it will be. I think you've got a new customer.

6. 06MonteSS

cool, thx man!

as I mentioned above, the inTune doesn't have tcm/tranny support yet, but it will... the Trinity currently has 6-speed support, and 4-speed support will be added soon (I'm actually testing it on my own car right now)... and once it's all squared away for the trinity, they will begin porting it over to the intune...

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Clicking the 'Order Your inTune Now' button takes me to a page that reads as follows:,
    View attachment 32558

Note that this indicates the product is NOT available and can only be pre-ordered. Is or isn't it available/shipping, yet?

1) Please define 'soon'.
    2) Please indicate when inTune will support GM vehicles that are older than 2007, since the Predators do as of this writing ... and inTune does NOT as of this writing.

Thanks,
    Surreal

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  8. 06MonteSS

Diablosport does not ship direct to consumers - it is shipping to RESELLERS/VENDORS... all of diablosports resellers/vendors do not have them yet, so once the reseller/vendor gets them, they they will ship to you/consumers. So yes, it's still basically a pre-order and it will be filled once the reseller get them in stock.

1 - please note that even though the inTune is replacing the predators, the predators still have their warranties, will still be supported on diablo's forums, etc. My best guess is that once the inTune is out in full swing, supports all the class2 vehicles, etc., is when diablo will end production on predators. Exactly when, I couldn't tell ya.

2 - I am not sure of when all older class2 vehicles will be supported - can't give you a definite date/time. it WILL definitely support them, since it is replacing the predators, but I am not sure of their timeframe down there at diablo...I'm sure it depends on all their engineering tasks/jobs they have, scheduling/priorities, etc... your best bet is to contact them on their forums to find out what their estimated timeframe is.

9. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

what do the different 'canned tunes' look like? do you have tunes for towing and mountain driving? let's say for a 2010 Silverado.

10. 06MonteSS

for trucks, there's an 87 octane tune and the Diablo Tune - which is for 91 octane or higher... both tunes improve hp, torque, throttle response and improve towing...