1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diablosport inTune

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by mah2496, Jan 25, 2012.

1. mah2496

mah2496 New Member

Finally pulled the trigger on the inTune. Other than a drop in K&N filter, my Z71 is bone stock. Loaded 87 Oct and could feel an improvement in performance. My instant MPG readout appeared to avg 3 mpg better on my test drive. Now it's time to data log and get Diablew tuned.
  2. duckduckdog

duckduckdog New Member

I'm looking at the Diablosport tuner as well. Keep us posted with the results.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Have fun with it....lot's of cool things you can do.
  4. mah2496

mah2496 New Member

I hand calculated mpg on my 90 mile trek to work this morning. Filled up leaving home and again when I arrived at work. Mpg was 19.74 with cruise set at 73 mph. There was a slight tailwind but I was impressed for sure. My avg mpg before inTune was mid 16. Looking forward to calculating with little to no tailwind.
  5. duckduckdog

duckduckdog New Member

This was just with the canned tune?
  6. mah2496

mah2496 New Member

Correct. That mpg was based on the 87 octane tune, with DOD (4 cyl mode) turned off. Mpg may have been higher had I left DOD turned on. I read that I should disable DOD when data logging for a custom tune.

My inTune also has a Mileage Booster canned tune. I have no clue if that would get even better mpg results than the 87 oct...
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  7. duckduckdog

duckduckdog New Member

Thanks - let us know what kind of results you get with the custom tune! Really appreciate the info. This will definitely be my next purchase.
  8. mah2496

mah2496 New Member

By the way, I bought the inTune + Custom tune combo deal from DiablewTune. Lew has been great to work with thus far.
  9. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

Thx man! :)
  10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

X2 on working with Lew....quality and fast!

Now Lew, can I get that discount on the Trinity?