1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diablosport inTune

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by mah2496, Jan 25, 2012.

1. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

go to the logging section... and you need to find and select these parameters to log:

Air Fuel Ratio or Equivalence Ratio

Long Term fuel trim bank 1

Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2

Spark Advance

Intake air Temp

MAF Sensor Mass Air Flow

MAF Sensor Frequency

Total Knock Spark Retard

Engine Speed (RPM)

Commanded Throttle position or Absolute Throttle Position

Make sure truck is fully up to normal operating temps before logging.. and you want to drive steady as much as you can on the highway, keeping your rpms between 1800-2000...

2. Mzarb28

Mzarb28 Member

Do I leave the intune plugged in while driving to log info, thanks again
  3. 06MonteSS

yeah - you have to have it plugged in so it can read/record the data...

on the diablo cd drive that shows up on your computer when you plug in the intune, go into that diablo cd drive and there's a pdf file of the full inTune user manual... check it out... has the full info about everything on the inTune, and how to do logs...

or you can get the manual from here: http://diablosport.com/images/MaxsNewOrganized/inTune/inTune_CompUserManual_12152011.pdf

4. mah2496

mah2496 Member

Latest update on my inTune experience.... I'm on my 3rd custom tune from DiabLew, as he tries to reduce the significant amount of knock retard in my engine (my truck had KR for quite some time; not caused by inTune). Nonetheless, truck runs great. Been averaging upper 16 mpg with quite a bit of playing around on throttle, and get closer to 400 mi per tank of gas.
  5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So I posted on another thread but this one seems to pinpoint the subject a little better. I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 2WD 5.3 and I'm about to install a Volant cai as soon as it arrives. I'm already looking to get a tuner next. I'm hearing alot about these diablo tuners and was wondering what the difference between the trinity and the itune is? Which one would you recommend? And I'm hearing about this customing tuning by Lew, who I'm learning is 06MonteSS. And If so would be very interted in working with you. Was wondering if you could educate me if this matter please. Thanks for any info in this matter from you and any other members.
  6. 06MonteSS

Hey there!

Yes, I can definitely get you hooked up!

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha... shoot me a PM with your email address / IM screenname and I'll get more detailed info to ya... thanks! ;)

but for now...

For your truck, the Diablosport Trinity is what you want...

the Trinity has the tcm/tranny support and the tranny changes are nice. quicker, firmer shifts, you can adjust the shift points, firmness, etc.. it has much better data logging... has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color touch screen so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it...

I sell the Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal for it that includes my custom tuning at a reduced rate, so you'd save money. Here's info:

Trinity:
    http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deal.html

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... engine tune wise, the tunes are the same. but, the Trinity has the tcm/tranny support and the tranny changes are nice. quicker, firmer shifts, you can adjust the shift points, firmness, etc.. the inTune does not have tcm/tranny support yet - but it is supposed to be getting an update in the near future that will add it. I also like the Trinity better for data logging - the logging is better, and since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, it's a little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my preferences, I like the Trinity better...

Thanks man!
  7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If we get the package deal from you(intune) can you custom tune the tranny that way? Or do we have to wait on the update to do any tranny tinkering
  8. 06MonteSS

no... the intune does not have tcm/tranny support, so it can not communicate with the tcm module at all, so you can not make any changes to any tranny settings... you will have to wait for them to release an update that adds tcm/tranny support.
  9. 06MonteSS

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts