Diablosport inTune

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by mah2496, Jan 25, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I just bought the InTune at a local dealer because I wanted to "pick it up now" (Sorry Lew).... If you charge for custom tunes for existing owners of the InTune, could you PM me and let me know what your rates are?

I loaded the diablo tune on the InTune (after 2 hours of updates and reboots) :-( and it works great.

2. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Lew,

I have no experience with tuning but want to explore options for my truck. Can this combo from Diablo work on my 2011 6.0 Sierra 2500HD? Plus I noticed you are in Ct also

3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

yes sir, it most certainly can... ;-)

oh yeah?? where in CT are you?? I'm in Woodbury....

4. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Farmington, just a few exits up 84

I'm selling my camper at the moment, once funds free up I will be in touch with you. What can I expect for mileage improvements? I have a banks monster exhaust and a drop in K&N filter. Averaging 13-15 mpg a little more when I behave on the highway

Thanks

Paul

5. 06MonteSS

oh cool, not far away at all....

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3-4 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play...

I CAN tell you that you will have a very noticable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha...

I have gained people anywhere from 15-39hp, and 12-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 3.5 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

6. PantheraUncia

As I am learning more about my InTune and the fact that I am completely new to tuners, what does WOT mean?

7. 06MonteSS

WOT = Wide Open Throttle...

get on it... pedal to the metal... put your foot into the back of the radiator... hammer down... drive it like ya stole it... etc etc etc... hahaha...

8. PantheraUncia

Ahhhh the mpg killer ........ :party:

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Get outside of Apex to do this or you're asking for trouble. When I did my WOT log I ran to 90ish from a standstill...

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I am working on my custom tune now. Doing the logging part. All I can say is Lew is the MAN!! Truck pulls like a mule!!