1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diablosport predator results!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Joe_USMC, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Joe_USMC

Joe_USMC New Member

Well as some of you know from talking to me I went and bought the Diablo. It came in the day before I took it on a 2000 mile round trip back home to Arkansas. I didnt have time to adjust shift firmness or anything. I opened the box, pulled the fuses and programed the 93 Octane tune and hit the road. My highway mileage improved from high 12's-low 13's to 14.4 to 14.5 running an average of 70mph. At 70mph I am turning 2000rpm's and the truck really works in the hills to keep that speed.

Anyone out there running 410s or 456 gears and what rpms are you at running 70mph?
    I may end up changing the gears to keep the engin from having to work so hard to keep it highway speeds.

Thanks for all the help guys
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a question for you regarding your truck, I noticed in your signature that you have a JET mass air flow sensor also. On my last truck I had a Granatelli air flow sensor, and I had to take it off because it was interfering with my Hypertec Hyperpac. I know a lot of that after market stuff does not play well when mixed, it's just a thought but I was wondering if you had noticed any strange values when tuning your truck???
  3. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just got my Diablo Predator and realized I have to have the PC Interface kit to have the custome tune from them for my 4:56 gears. Another 50 bucks and more waiting for it to come in the mail!
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Diablosport preditor results

Diablo doesnt recommend after market MAFs because they have the internal electronics modifications in the MAF that is made for stock tunes. If you go on the Diablo forums they explain this alittle more. I had a Granittelli on my 05 Z-71 and removed it after installing the Diablo and the truck ran much better with the stock MAF and the diablo together.
  5. Joe_USMC

Joe_USMC New Member

I have heard that it is better to run the stock mass air flow sensor from the local dyno shop. I bought the truck with the modifications done to it already so I can not tell which one performs better. I would like to try the stock mass sensor to see. Any one have a stock sensor they want to get rid of?? :lol:
  6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

those aftermarket mafs are bogus trust me they mess up everything.

Also of course your going to get better gains, with your diablo sport...... The fact that your running higher octane fuel.

<-----im not trying to be a smartass or put everybody down just trying to lead everyone in the BANG 4 YOUR BUCK, direction. :)

custom tune is what you want :) , you will see double the gains usmc, trust me.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  7. The stock MAF does a great job for all N/A applications even low boost applications. It isn't a real restriction. The PC interface kit is a pretty cheap add on. and we'll include it with any Diablosport purchase for free!
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wish I would have purchased from you...the kit cost me $50.00.
  9. JennaBear

JennaBear New Member 100 Posts

We also recommend you stick with the stock MAF. I have a post laying around here somewhere that explains why the aftermarket MAFs just leave you with a paperweight in the long run.