DiabloSport Predator

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by pmf608, Jan 27, 2010.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, I bought my first performance upgrade today. A DiabloSport Predator. It was a bit pricey at $466 CAD with the pc interface (one reason to keep a pc around even when you are a full-time mac user). I put on the 87 octane tune, turned off torque management, and partially dialed my Long Term Fuel Trims. I have much more power now (especially after recovering what torque management loses), and i am quite satisfied with the performance for my first performance upgrade. I will finish dialling the LTFT's in this week to get my MPG to where it should be, and i think i will be happy with it. The fastest i have had the truck before was 160km/h (almost 100mph) with a lot of playing with the auto trans in 3rd and even 2nd. Tonight, i tested it after my initial tuning, and was able to get up to about 165km (over 100mph) in drive, and much more easily. I was a bit skeptical going in, but after my experience on the first day with performance increases, I would recommend the Predator to anyone who is looking for an easy but noticeable power increase.

I also calibrated my speedometer to be correct with 265/75r16 winter tires instead of 235/75r16 after being wrong since the 265's went on year-round in 2004.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sweet! I wanted to get one for my truck, but they don't make one. I have also been struggling with finding one that will work with me engine. Congrats though! it sounds really good

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nice SS, haven't seen many cars on this site, so welcome!

4. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

thanks!!

there were some technical difficulties encountered.. but I'm back!!

lol