1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Diablosport tunes

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by KyleZ71, Nov 6, 2010.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

For those who have it, what's better the 87 Octane or the Diablow tune. I put both on my Silverado and can't tell the difference. Anybody know the difference?

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats a good question. I've only ran the diablo tune so far? Is there a certain octane that we should run on the diablo tune?

3. KyleZ71

93 for Diablo and 87 i believe for 87 octane. I wonder if thats the only difference.

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The Diablo tune is best used with 93 Octane (although when I use it, I run 91 since I am yet to find 93 in my city). I run the 87 octane tune full time on mine, and it is good enough for me on day-to-day driving, but on the rare occasion that I run premium gas, I put on the Diablo tune and it makes a pretty noticeable difference on my truck. I am impressed with the 87 octane tune, but I was very impressed with the extra increase in power on my truck going from the 87 octane to Diablo tune. That is just my experience though, with a 4.8 engine on an older truck than yours, so maybe it has something to do with the change between 99-02 and 03+ trucks, or the 5.3 responding differently to the tunes than the 4.8.

Now that I think about it more though, the 03-07 classic trucks use a different predator model than the 99-02 trucks, so maybe the changes between the 87 octane and Diablo tunes are different on your predator than on mine.

5. KyleZ71

Thanks for the info. I wonder if Octane is all the difference?