Diablosport tunes

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by KyleZ71, Nov 6, 2010.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

For those who have it, what's better the 87 Octane or the Diablow tune. I put both on my Silverado and can't tell the difference. Anybody know the difference?

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats a good question. I've only ran the diablo tune so far? Is there a certain octane that we should run on the diablo tune?

3. KyleZ71

93 for Diablo and 87 i believe for 87 octane. I wonder if thats the only difference.

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The Diablo tune is best used with 93 Octane (although when I use it, I run 91 since I am yet to find 93 in my city). I run the 87 octane tune full time on mine, and it is good enough for me on day-to-day driving, but on the rare occasion that I run premium gas, I put on the Diablo tune and it makes a pretty noticeable difference on my truck. I am impressed with the 87 octane tune, but I was very impressed with the extra increase in power on my truck going from the 87 octane to Diablo tune. That is just my experience though, with a 4.8 engine on an older truck than yours, so maybe it has something to do with the change between 99-02 and 03+ trucks, or the 5.3 responding differently to the tunes than the 4.8.

Now that I think about it more though, the 03-07 classic trucks use a different predator model than the 99-02 trucks, so maybe the changes between the 87 octane and Diablo tunes are different on your predator than on mine.

5. KyleZ71

Thanks for the info. I wonder if Octane is all the difference?