Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

DiabloSport U7198- programmer.... Worth it??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 89steveo50, Feb 28, 2012.

1. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

So I'm looking at a programmer to boost power and torque (pretty much like everyone on this site) I"m not looking for anything over the top nor do i wan't anything that is made from chop sticks (if you know what i mean).

I was looking at the
    DiabloSport U7198 and it was farely priced and saw some videos. I'm looking for someone who has had personal expeirence with it and let me know if it is worth the buy?
    [h=1][/h]

2. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

definitely worth it :)

you'll get nice performance gains, better driveability with the tranny changes (shift quicker, firmer), you can adjust a lot of things yourself.. you can get custom tuning done for it and your truck to gain you even more, can go back to stock anytime you want or need to, etc etc...

i've had a diablo programmer for my 2006 Monte Carlo SS since 2005, in one form or another, and I love it...

better tunes than the others... the most adjustability than any others... and the ability to get custom tunes done for it/your vehicle, which can't be done with the others... not to mention better/quicker support... :)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

Alright thank you! I look into getting one within a couple of weeks!

4. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal Rockstar 100 Posts

I have one and have been pretty happy with mine. Just keep in mind no programming on a gas engine is going to make huge power like they will on a diesel, but you can notice an improvement. I was just happy to get rid of the throttle lag I had.