Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

diagnostic port

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 1500gmc, Jul 8, 2010.

1. 1500gmc

1500gmc New Member

hey i bought a 2003 gmc sierra a couple months back and my check engine light recently came on so i went to hook it up to a code reader and it never worked. so i got looking at my port and theres only 4 wires going to it. it s got a purple wire in port 2 a black one in port 4 a black one with a white stripe in port 5 and an orange one in port 16. i dont know wat i should do cuz cant get a hold of original owner to ask him wat he was doing and hes got all sorts of strange wiring down there thanks for the help in advance

2. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

I know this will seem strange but does your cigerette lighter work? If it dosent work there is a fuse under the hood that ALDL port and cigerette lighter are powered by, had same problem when I tried to hook up my hypertech tuner. Changed fuse and life is good.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. 1RAD

1RAD New Member

I am having the same problem. The lighter has never worked and now I need to replace my fuse again. How can I disconnect/replace the lighter?