1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diagnostics Program for Laptops

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by gmagilla, Mar 6, 2009.

1. gmagilla

gmagilla New Member

Where would I go for a program for my laptop to run codes and check or change computer settings on my Blazer and Sububan and what kind of cable to use ? The machanics where I work use thier laptops to change the top speed the trucks run and to check fuel mileage , idle time and many other specs. on the Peterbuilts we run .
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Jet Performance #14005 Dynamic Spectrum Tuners

Computer tuner, Cadillac, Chevy, GMC/Pontiac, Passenger Car/Pickup/SUV, 4.8/5.0/5.3/5.7/6.0/7.4/8.1

The vehicles original program can be saved on the computer, for a quick return to stock feature.
    Allows control of fuel and spark tables, speed and rev limiters, transmission functions, torque management tables. Graphs and charts are made showing detailed parameter editing, and allows you to fine tune your ride.

Note: Can be used on up to 4 different vehicles at a time.

$475.95 at Summit Racing (cheapest around that I could find)

Jet performance site $499
    Stylin Concepts $549

Good luck with finding one that fits your needs..........AMY
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2158&stc=1&d=1236617131
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice info Amy!
  5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

One of the best laptop scanners is the EASE System. This scanner will scan most all vehicles except for a few European models. It even has a pass through device for re-flashing your computer. The re-flash software is extra of course. It also has a wireless DLC connector so you can scan your vehicle while you are sitting at your kitchen table.

http://www.obd2.com/scantool/scantool.htm
  6. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member ROTM Winner

http://www.obd2allinone.com/

The OBDII Scan Tool
    do your own diagnostics and clear your trouble codes, which turns off the check engine light.
  7. gmagilla

gmagilla New Member

Thanks everyone.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I have never used the Spectrum tuner before, but I did see the guys from Jet Performance at last years Summit Racing Chevy show and it was very impressive. I would say that gmagilla would be in a good position to use one of these, no one knows engine tuning better than a Diesel mechanic. If that was my situation I would take full advantage of that situation, those guys could definately help you out in that area!

Thanks Dwill for the compliment, I try my best!.............AMY
  9. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

amy, i like the thought of that product, i was looking into getting a diablo sport tuner, but for 150 more, i can check my truck and my g/f's car. thanks for the info