1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DIC Operation without buttons

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by CBCORDELL, Jan 12, 2010.

1. CBCORDELL

CBCORDELL New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and just purchased a 07 Silverado ext. cab Z71 with 32,000 miles.
    It is a very nice truck and like new. I was trying to use Driver Information Center to check oil life etc.
    and I got it stuck in French language, I tried to correct it according to the owners manual directions and
    I cant get it past the engine hours. I am a Country Boy from Kentucky and dont speak French! I like the
    idea of adding the 4 button panel and will be doing that, it has the single button now. I would like to be
    able to use the other features also.
    Thanks
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site and good luck, I have been wanting to get the DIC upgrade also.
  3. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

dic

Just did the upgrade and it was simple and straight forward... Welcome to the site. Lot's of info flying around here, there is a faily lenghtly post on the DIC upgrade you should read...
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think that's a catch-22! lol You have to be able to read french/spanish/etc to operate the menu to get back to english.

Look for something like langue in the menu system to get back to engllish ... just keep pushing I guess?

The four-button DIC will be a snap to move back and forth between languages.
  5. JTS

JTS New Member

The DIC upgrade is great. The only problem is it's addictive. But as said before its straight foward and about ten minutes work. Really no kidding 10 minutes or less. Then you have a load of info at your fingertips. If you dont figure it out tomorrow post again and I'll go out side and screw mine up and put it into french carefully and pay close attention as I back out. Worst case will both have the problem and someone that speaks french can help us both out.
    JTS
  6. CBCORDELL

CBCORDELL New Member

Hey Everyone, I appreciate your input. The next day I was able to get it back to English. I just pushed the one button 3 or 4 times until English came up and then released it. I will be doing
    the upgrade when I can get around to it. That seems to be the way to go.