1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DIC Select button

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Alan Crosby, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Alan Crosby

Alan Crosby New Member

I just purchased a 2010 Sierra SLT and I noticed that the select button on the Driver Information Center isn't working, which makes it a little difficult to change any of the settings:happy:

I will probably end up replacing the whole switch assembly, but I thought I would look for a loose connection first. What is the proper way to remove the little trim panel that holds the switch? It looks like it would probably pop off with a little coaxing, but I don't want to break off any tabs if that isn't the right way to do it. My switch panel is located on the right side of the gauges.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

I think it is held on with double sided tape, a little heat might talk it into coming off in one piece.

Try a google search for removing that switch assembly, maybe removing the trim strip is not what you need to do.
  3. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

The Sierra SLT IIRC is the same as a Siverado LTZ. If yes, your DIC is located to the right of the instrument cluster right next to the vent. Take a plastic spudger and pry up on the trim, the assembly is simply held in with those clips. This will allow you to access the DIC buttons. The old ones will pop out and a new set can be popped back in.
  4. Alan Crosby

Alan Crosby New Member

Yes, the SLT's DIC is on the right side next to the vents. I'll try prying the trim piece up.