Did I make a mistake

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by sgoodhew, Jun 9, 2010.

1. sgoodhew

sgoodhew New Member

I have a 2010 Silverado and was told by the dealership that my truck comes with the ability to have remote start even though I didn't buy it with remote start from the dealership. They said all I needed to do was buy the Key Fob and then have the dealership program it to the truck. Well I decided instead of paying 160+ for the Fob from Chevy I bought the exact same fob from eBay. I programmed the fob to the truck and it works fine besides the remote start. When I hit the remote start button after hitting the lock button the turn signal lights flash but thats it. I then took it to the dealership to have them program it. They then said I need some code for them to be able to use the programmer to program it to my truck. I did not get a code when I bought the fob on eBay.

Am I out of luck?

Thanks for reading.

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would see if you can get that code from whomever you bought the FOB. I dont like buying things like that off EBAY simply because I like to take it back to a live person if it wont work.

For 160-200 you could get an aftermarket remote start that will work with your OEM keyless entry.