1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Did I park far enough away?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AMac, Sep 2, 2012.

1. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Well we've all had our share of parking lot incidents where new scratches/dents magically appear when we're in the store.
    I try to park as far away as possible and look for wandering carts that could cruise into my truck.

Home Depot last week, is this too much?

IMG_1460.jpg
  2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks 'bout right to me. I do pretty much the same and usuallu straddle the line between two spots.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Probably not far enough, I'm sure some clown will think he needs to park right next to you, it's the way people seem to be now a days.
  4. AMac

Well I figure that if I park that far away then I can weed out the lazy people, although it did kinda stink when I realized I forgot my wallet in the truck and had to run that far to get it!
  5. AMac

I've heard many people say it's not a good idea because then people look for a way to send the message not to park like that, but I guess if it's working for you then :great:
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

At least now I know I'm not the only one. Lol
  7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would expect this from you. I'm the same way but, I might have came a little closer.
  8. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't mind parking closer, my trick is I try to park next to a high end car. I am respectful of them and give them room and know they aren't gonna smash into me. Plus my rig is a 2500HD so with the step bars, most car doors will hit the bars before hitting the truck itself. Bumpers will deflect a a stray cart. Plus its a truck after all, I love my truck and take care of it but a few battle scars won't bother me. If I wanted a trailer queen i would tow my rig around that way i know its safe. I know some of my brothers friends see a nice car or truck parked far away only invite trouble makers to mess with it, blend in and you're safer imho
  9. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Haha, looks about right to me................................is that the Portland parking lot?
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Do we have to send out a search party for it? If so then it is far enough...