GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Did I park far enough away?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AMac, Sep 2, 2012.

1. AMac

AMac New Member

Well we've all had our share of parking lot incidents where new scratches/dents magically appear when we're in the store.
    I try to park as far away as possible and look for wandering carts that could cruise into my truck.

Home Depot last week, is this too much?

IMG_1460.jpg
  2. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Looks 'bout right to me. I do pretty much the same and usuallu straddle the line between two spots.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Probably not far enough, I'm sure some clown will think he needs to park right next to you, it's the way people seem to be now a days.
  4. AMac

AMac New Member

Well I figure that if I park that far away then I can weed out the lazy people, although it did kinda stink when I realized I forgot my wallet in the truck and had to run that far to get it!
  5. AMac

AMac New Member

I've heard many people say it's not a good idea because then people look for a way to send the message not to park like that, but I guess if it's working for you then :great:
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

At least now I know I'm not the only one. Lol
  7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

I would expect this from you. I'm the same way but, I might have came a little closer.
  8. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member

I don't mind parking closer, my trick is I try to park next to a high end car. I am respectful of them and give them room and know they aren't gonna smash into me. Plus my rig is a 2500HD so with the step bars, most car doors will hit the bars before hitting the truck itself. Bumpers will deflect a a stray cart. Plus its a truck after all, I love my truck and take care of it but a few battle scars won't bother me. If I wanted a trailer queen i would tow my rig around that way i know its safe. I know some of my brothers friends see a nice car or truck parked far away only invite trouble makers to mess with it, blend in and you're safer imho
  9. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

Haha, looks about right to me................................is that the Portland parking lot?
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Do we have to send out a search party for it? If so then it is far enough...
  11. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

That looks about right.

I actually do this, too ... however, I do it because my truck is so long that the turn radius sucks when parking and it doesn't fit, lenghtwise, into a single parking spot unless the truck is hanging out into a driving lane, which bugs me. Thus, I look for spots I can pull through and into, and I end up straddling the dividing line between two lengthwise spaces. It's polite to other people, easier for me to park in, gets me some added exercise, and hopefully helps avoid any extra dings to the body. Less filling, tastes great!
  12. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

i would of parked in the little flower bed with curbs lol :lol:
  13. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

I tend to find that one fanatic that parks out in the outfield and then park right next to him. LOL! Of course, I like my truck and don't want scratches either, so I figure that at the very least, I know it's protected on one side!
  14. AMac

AMac New Member

Okay I guess your reasoning is justified, it is kind of a big truck :great:
  15. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

I park as close as I can. I have ALOT of dents dings and scratches now so hey what the hell right?
  16. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member

I was just about to reply with something like "Looks good to me until Moogvo comes along and parks next to you. Guess the man himself beat me to it.

That being said, I do something similar, but even better to me is if I can find a spot where I have a curb on one side and a nice car on the other. Though the nice car could always leave and invite a less cared-for vehicle next to me. Though in a parking lot that empty, I'd probably have gone closer. Was Home Depot even open? lol

17. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

[MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION] I'm disappointed. There's still room to get over the barrier and park in the grass. Now that would be safe. :sign0020:
    I did something similar on Black Friday a few years ago and someone still pulled right next to me and put a nice ding in the pass. side doors. I haven't fixed them yet because I figured that as soon as I do I'll get another dent. I also agree that people are resentful of cars/trucks that take two spots. I wouldn't do that either. Most store parking lots by me, HD included, are too small and there's nowhere to protect yourself, but aside from that one incident, I haven't had any other issues.
  18. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

It is a truck.... AMac needs to park on the other side of the fence in the grass next time :sign0020:
  19. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

I park far away but not that far away... One reason its a pain to park my truck into little spots and 2 im young and can walk lol.
  20. donyms

donyms New Member

I too park far out in the lot or on the side or anywhere that no one else wants to park. My truck sits low and has no side molding, it is also long and it is easier to park far out. It is also true that I need the exercise. Good for you Amac, I am with you girl. :great: