Did I park far enough away?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AMac, Sep 2, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That looks about right.

I actually do this, too ... however, I do it because my truck is so long that the turn radius sucks when parking and it doesn't fit, lenghtwise, into a single parking spot unless the truck is hanging out into a driving lane, which bugs me. Thus, I look for spots I can pull through and into, and I end up straddling the dividing line between two lengthwise spaces. It's polite to other people, easier for me to park in, gets me some added exercise, and hopefully helps avoid any extra dings to the body. Less filling, tastes great!

2. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 Member

i would of parked in the little flower bed with curbs lol :lol:

3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I tend to find that one fanatic that parks out in the outfield and then park right next to him. LOL! Of course, I like my truck and don't want scratches either, so I figure that at the very least, I know it's protected on one side!

4. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Okay I guess your reasoning is justified, it is kind of a big truck :great:

5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I park as close as I can. I have ALOT of dents dings and scratches now so hey what the hell right?

6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was just about to reply with something like "Looks good to me until Moogvo comes along and parks next to you. Guess the man himself beat me to it.

That being said, I do something similar, but even better to me is if I can find a spot where I have a curb on one side and a nice car on the other. Though the nice car could always leave and invite a less cared-for vehicle next to me. Though in a parking lot that empty, I'd probably have gone closer. Was Home Depot even open? lol

7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION] I'm disappointed. There's still room to get over the barrier and park in the grass. Now that would be safe. :sign0020:
    I did something similar on Black Friday a few years ago and someone still pulled right next to me and put a nice ding in the pass. side doors. I haven't fixed them yet because I figured that as soon as I do I'll get another dent. I also agree that people are resentful of cars/trucks that take two spots. I wouldn't do that either. Most store parking lots by me, HD included, are too small and there's nowhere to protect yourself, but aside from that one incident, I haven't had any other issues.

8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

It is a truck.... AMac needs to park on the other side of the fence in the grass next time :sign0020:

9. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I park far away but not that far away... One reason its a pain to park my truck into little spots and 2 im young and can walk lol.

10. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I too park far out in the lot or on the side or anywhere that no one else wants to park. My truck sits low and has no side molding, it is also long and it is easier to park far out. It is also true that I need the exercise. Good for you Amac, I am with you girl. :great: