1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Did I park far enough away?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AMac, Sep 2, 2012.

1. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member ROTM Winner

I would hate to see a dent or scratch on your truck man. its a great piece of work.
  2. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

Shame to hear about that. Luckily this was fairly early in the morning so there weren't a lot of customers yet. I also try to be quick in the store to reduce the amount of time my vehicle is "in the danger zone" :money:
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I park the same way and over the years have finally taught my wife to do the same, saves a lot of damage to the cars.

A few years back I made a quick trip to a local grocery store, got lazy and parked near the front, wasnt worried I was driving my Tacoma with 36" tires and 9" of lift, it has 3"od tube sliders below the siderails that are tough enough to hold the truck up (I use them as an alternate jack point for my highlift jack) most car doors will swing open and go right below the sliders without ever touching.
    But the one old lady in a newer Cadillac that had doors just the right height to hit my sliders decided to park next to me and throw her door open, it swung so hard that the door caught the slider and rocked the truck (I was sitting in the truck engine running getting ready to leave but didnt roll out because I was waiting for her to get out of her car and out of the way, mushed old lady is hard to wash off the tires).
    When the door hit the slider it hit hard enough to bend the outer door frame so the door wouldnt close and lock, right away the lady was blaming me for running into her door and started getting rude and nasty while asking for my insurance card and DL.
    I told her to "F herself" and got on the cell phone to the local PD, unfortunately as is normal in small towns she was related, the local Chief of Police was her son so when I called in she did to and here comes sonny boy to the rescue along with half the towns police force. The whole issue turned into a big mess that landed me in jail over night for refusing to provide proper insurance and DL proof, resisting arrest, assaulting a peace officer, vehicular mayhem?, hit and run, vandalism, willful damage, and about 10 other charges that I cant remember 8 years later.
    I had my first court hearing in front of a Judge who recused himself since the "old lady" in question was his great aunt, they called in a Judge from the county next door and as soon as he heard the case and saw pictures of the scene on my cell phone all he could say was "all this over a door ding", he released me and dropped all charges.
    I can safely say that particular family no longer has any influence on police matters in that town and they probably even suffer a little from the same Police harrassment they once used to give out.
  4. TemperMonkey

TemperMonkey New Member

Wow what a story! That's the kind of stuff you read in a book and think to yourself "man that's freaking crazy!"
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

ive been known to park in the far end of the lot a fair amount as well, especially if im by myself.

Alex