1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Did my front Shocks today.. New Bilsteins....

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Enkeiavalanche, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well After my 13 Hr night I stopped at my friends shop and asked.. May I use it??? He said Sure if we have room....

So in I came... shocks1.jpg shocks15.jpg After 106K I think I needed them Plus they were in my garage for about 8 months.. shocks5.jpg shocks3.jpg thank god for compressers.. shocks4.jpg shocks17.jpg shocks2.jpg shocks16.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

shocks13.jpg shocks7.jpg shocks9.jpg Done.... Oh that 840Hp Vette???? shocks12.jpg shocks14.jpg shocks10.jpg shocks11.jpg With out the Nos 200 pump it was at the wheel 840 In Tx it his 220MPH!!! I saw the video and paper work on the Mile run down there..:gasp: That custom intake $4700... Z06 Trans and brakes and a ton more upgrades..
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

with 100,000 miles on the vehicle I would have replaced the springs as well , along with the rubber parts.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

glad you were able to take a break in your shock replacement to take pics of some other nice cars:great:
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How do you like the way it rides now?
  5. Enkeiavalanche

A few ,more pics from the shop... And yes the ride is better and smoother.... shocks22.jpg shocks20.jpg shocks21.jpg Here is the X6 M Custom Wide Body.. Flat Black.. shocks23.jpg shocks24.jpg shocks18.jpg shocks19.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ok A few more of the 840Hp Vette....[​IMG] vette1.jpg vette2.jpg vette3.jpg vette4.jpg You should hear it.....[​IMG]
  6. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

Are they the 5100's? Did they lift the front at all? I'm looking at leveling blocks and would prefer shocks instead.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Shocks will not add ride height. You can install a new coil over spring and you might get some height that you have lost from sagging . Sure, the truck might look like it sits a little higher right after install, but as soon as you drive it a mile it settles and is back to the height it was at.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

As aid above No higher height just a nice ride I do think they are the 5100's...
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry I missed this thread when it first went around. Very nice....still happy with the ride? And eight months to install? You must have had a pretty busy year :glasses:
  10. Enkeiavalanche

That and did not know I needed a spring compressor.. Thank god I read the directions if you don't you can get Hurt... LOL
    The rears I did when I got them.. Anyway time to get ready for my ride to Md..