1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Died while driving?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by kingkevin8, Nov 27, 2009.

1. kingkevin8

kingkevin8 New Member

92 1500 5.7

While driving the truck just died, no warning, no engine codes...

Things that were replaced...

Fuel pump, fuel filter, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, pcv valve, throttle body gaskets.

Before the fuel pump was replaced the truck had no power, and would die when you hit the gas from a standstill. But now it's fine, and the only thing is before it's warmed up it slightly backfires, and the one time it died when already warmed up. It started right back up, and drove fine. It slightly lacks power for the first gear at the first couple of seconds when flooring it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
  2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: I hope someone here will be able to answer your question! I have never ran into something like that. Good Luck! Hope you find your answer soon.
  3. eagle542807

eagle542807 New Member

Try checking yoour Mass Air Flow Sencer. Just a Thought
  4. kingkevin8

kingkevin8 New Member

If the sensor wasn't working wouldn't a code set off?
  5. tschroeder44

tschroeder44 New Member

it might be your timing.. my dads truck did the same thing it just died on him so he took it in and it was the timing.. just a thought you might want to try