Diesel fuel filter

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blackflash, Feb 27, 2014.

1. blackflash

blackflash New Member

Hi guys, Im new to the forum, Ive got a gas Silverado myself but my question is about a 08 diesel Silverado at work, it has the change fuel filter warning pop up on the dash, weve changed the filter but not sure how to reset the filter warning, anything like resetting the oil warning? thanks for any help.
  2. 08silverado3500hd

08silverado3500hd New Member

On my 2008 3500HD Duramax I do not have the DIC control buttons, just the 1 stem in the dash that you keep pushing to scroll through odometer/trip odometer/oil life....etc. On mine you just push the stem until the % fuel (filter/life?) comes up then hold in the stem until it resets to 100%. Same procedure for the oil life and trip odometer.
  3. blackflash

blackflash New Member

hard to believe after this long, one response that didnt really solve anything an no one knows, wow. Thanks for the one person that tried to help.
  4. zuki82

zuki82 New Member

First I've seen of this post, so maybe it got hidden in with a large flux of posts in one day! The other bad news is, I don't have a clue on how to clear it, but I'm sure someone on here does! Now that the post is out in the open, you'll get the response your looking for!
    Have a great day! :)
  5. Cowpie

Cowpie Member

Could always call a dealership shop and get an answer.
  6. blackflash

blackflash New Member

Yep, thats what I ended up doing, just hate having to contact dealer for something that should be simple.