1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diesel Suburban....

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by johnnywalker, Nov 2, 2009.

1. johnnywalker

johnnywalker New Member

Hey All! New to the site and thought if anybody had the inside track on when GM will come out with a Diesel Suburban, someone here would..... So, anybody aware of any plans for one? I've been waiting for 10 years now, and GM never answers any of my emails.

Thanks,

JW
  2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If you've been waiting 10yrs you unfortunately missed your chance at a new Diesel Suburban, around 98 or 99 was the last year for Diesel Suburbans. Even at that time they were hard to find on a dealers lot, they either had none in stock or the ones they did have sold quick.
    With the issues GM is having right now and the fact they keep delaying new introductions for Diesel motivated vehicles I wouldnt hold my breath. They could surprise everyone and introduce something all the sudden but I wouldnt count on it.
    Your best bet is to start searching for an older model Diesel Suburban and spend some money on rehabing it.
  4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the site!

I haven't heard anything through the GM pipeline, but then again they don't answer the employee e-mails either! (big surprise) I could see them doing that in the future, but the initial cost of putting one in is what kills the idea I think.
  6. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome :glasses:.
  7. 1ATony

1ATony Rockstar GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

Welcome to the site.
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!