1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diff Cover

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kburb, Jan 17, 2011.

1. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Looking for a GOOD cover that can not only get me to the trail but thru it also, any suggestions?
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Are you looking to replace your Diff Cover with a Aftermarket Diff Cover??
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

If you can afford it I would go with the aftrmarket aluminum finned covers. Plenty of strength plus the added cooling of alum. over the steel...Unless you hit a big rock :) If you're planning on doing any rock crawling then disregard.
  4. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i am willing to spend the money to get a GOOD cover. i have been eyeballing the extreme covers ($178 ea) from purple cranium but may end up getting just a spider ($144ea). i want the extreme cover but worry about heat, with a 1/2 flange and 3/8 body not a lot of heat will get past but it does come with a drain plug and fills from the top which are things i really like.

[​IMG] [​IMG]