different headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by uk mac, Jan 1, 2010.

1. uk mac

uk mac New Member

hi all happy new year to you and yours
    i have a 96 silverado and the headlights are crap i have seen that there are some different makes of light at autopart warehouse can any one recomend some or has them

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

From my personal experience of aftermarket headlights, Matrix are the worst quality headlight out there. Anzo is probably one of the best, and TYC are the #1 best out there but applications are few and far between. I just bought a pair of Sonar projectors for my S-10, and they seem like good quality and actually have metal housings versus plastic housings. I do believe they make the TYC headlights for your truck, you get what you pay for in headlights that's for sure. :great:

3. jbt56

jbt56 New Member

My '97 has some sort of aftermarket lights with halos around the hi-beams and clear lenses (don't know brand- got the truck with them). The low beams are about the worst excuse for 'lights' I have yet seen (or not seen!). I'll be swapping out to some stock lights with probably PIAA bulbs (got PIAAs in my BMW- love 'em!) as soon as I can find a good set.

4. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I got mine off eBay