1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Differential gear ratio

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by DeeTee, Jun 30, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. DeeTee

DeeTee New Member

Greetings all...

I recently purchased a new Avalanche. Am trying to figure out the rear end gear ratio. I tried chasing the info down awhile on my own before "starting a thread". All paths lead to the glove box sticker (RPO) but that's still undecipherable to me!!! HELP please!!!

Thanks!!
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Here are the common gear ratios, currently being used by GM, for the trucks:
    GV3 = 3.08
    GU6 = 3.42
    GT4 = 3.73
    GT5 = 4.10

And, as you suggest, the code is on the glove box door sticker.

Here is a site that will let you look up the other codes:
    http://www.rpocodes.com/

1 person likes this.
  3. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Was the Avalanche new or just "new to you". If new, the axle ratio would be on the window sticker.
  4. DeeTee

DeeTee New Member

Thank you SO MUCH Ray!! Exactly what I needed!!!
    Happy 4th!

- - - Updated - - -

The truck is new... I do have the window sticker but the actual "ratio" isn't on it... Not sure why (?)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!!
  5. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

I looked up a bunch of Avalanche window stickers online and they were all either 3.08 or 3.42. Same 7200# GVWR.
  6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

If you go to chevrolet.com and "Build" a 2013 Avalanche, the standard axle ratio is 3.08, while you can get an optional 3.42 ratio. This leads me to believe that those are the only axle ratios available to the Avalanche.