1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Differntial seals 2002 2500hd 8.1L

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by marklambert61, Oct 15, 2011.

1. marklambert61

marklambert61 New Member

I am trying to change the pinion shaft seal on my 11 1/2 G80 diffrential. I have run in to a big problem and hope someone has solved this issue.

The seal is too part a female tri lip seal that is in the diffrential case and a male sleeve that in pressed over the back of the pinion yoke.

Female seal is available any where, however the only place I can seem to get the male sleeve is to by the entire pinion yoke $300 bucks from Chevy direct.

Not really wanting to spend $300 bucks for a $20 dallor seal!.....

Please let me know if you know a source to by the parts?
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow, thats a shame. Have you tried all the parts stores, eBay, online stores, etc?
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

All you need is the seal. The yoke has a dust deflector but this has nothing to do with the seal and never wears out. Just order a seal and you will be good to go. If however the seal has damaged the yoke then you will need a new yoke. There are after market sleeves to repar damaged yokes BTW.