Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

difficulty of a 3 in body lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by bama2010z71, Mar 3, 2012.

1. bama2010z71

bama2010z71 Rockstar

i was wondering how hard installing a 3 inch body lift on a 2010 silverado 4x4 z71? i have a leveling kit already but want that extra tire clearance. also whats a good brand
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Check out Zone Offroad. I just bought a 1.5" BL from them for $200 with the rear bumper brackets. Couldn't tell you how hard it is to install one since I've never done it before, but I'll be interested to hear what others say. Can't wait for mine to get here!
  3. bama2010z71

bama2010z71 Rockstar

do they make a 3 inch. or just a 1.5
  4. Jimmeh

5. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

It's no hard you just loosen the driver side and then on the passenger side you remove the bolts and then place a block on a big floor jack and raise up the passenger side enough to slip in the body lift. You leave all the bolts hand tight till your done so you can line up the body lines, then you go back and use lock tight. Oh and the bed is the same. Just make sure to read the instructions just for your vehicle because some will have ground straps, lines....etc. It's really not bad at all. If you have a good flat slab to work on and basic tools you shouldn't have any trouble
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I can't imagine it's too difficult, I've never installed one myself though. X2 on the Zone body lift as well.
  7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

It's not too difficult. Just take your time and read the instructions. Your only options are Zone or Performance Accessories, and both are top quality.
  8. Jimmeh

Stupid question: Can you loosen the bolts from the underside without having to do anything in the cab? I will most likely be doing this on my own so I was just curious if it's an easy solo project without having to go back and forth from top to bottom. I know the little Ford Rangers have bolts that go through the cab that need a second hand or some jimmy rigging to work with.
  9. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Yea man it's a hell of a lot easier with the more people the better. We had 3 when we did a friends f150 and it went very smooth. Same with his we had to take off the little kick panels so you can peel back the carpet under the pedals and on the passenger side is the same. Then in the rear we just removed the seat because the bolts were really hard to get to with the seat in. And yeah we had to have a person inside holding back up. On the OBS fords there were a few that had the nuts pressed into the frame so that was nice because they didn't require anyone holding them. I would say just take your time and think it all through it's not that hard just don't want to forget to loosen a line or a wire get to tight. We read the directions over and over step by step when we did it to insure we didn't miss something. With a standard it was easy with the shifter just dropped down and notched the floor so it would go in gear, think autos come with brackets. And as far as bumper raisers for the front they just bolt up the back i had to fab him a custom bracket. If you have any more questions just ask i'll try and do my best to answer it.
  10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just looked through the instruction for body lifts on our truck it's a lot of work but it's deff possible to do on your own