1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dim Instrument Panel..2010 Tahoe

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by littlebitnm, Sep 25, 2011.

1. littlebitnm

littlebitnm New Member

All the lights in the stereo, AC and dash are very dim, I have checked all the fuses, all fine.
    I have been told Its most likely the Dimmer switch OR the LED bulbs. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Kendra
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah i would check the dimmer switch and also what's the make, year, model of your vehicle?
  3. littlebitnm

littlebitnm New Member

thank you much! Its a 2010 Tahoe LT 5.3 L 4x2
  4. Kendra,

Being that the vehicle is a 2010, I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more assistance. They shoudl be able to provide you with a diagnosis and assist you further. Please feel free to keep me posted.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

Does this mean you have tried the dimer switch and it does nothing?
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

x2....On what sstoner has mentioned regarding Dimmer Switch......also have you tried the Thumb-Wheel??....as It Controls the Brigthness of the Dash Cluster and the other items you've mentioned.

Kendra.....The Below Information is from the 2010" Owners Manual....Illumination Control,
    Instrument Panel Brightness: This feature controls the Brightness of the Instrument Panel Lights and is located next to the exterior Lamps Control,
    .......Push the knob to extend out and then it can be turned.
    .......Turn the Knob Clockwise or Counterclockwise to Brighten or Dim the Instrument Panel Lights.
    .......Turning the Knob to the farthest Clockwise Position turns on the Dome Lamps.