1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dink in rear bumper....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverado1500, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 New Member

so i have a little dink in my rear bumper from trying to pull a retard out of a ditch....he never pushed the brakes...and put it in reverse when i told him to put it in neutral...so now i am stuck with this ugly thing in my bumper and im wondering if any of you guys know how to get it out? the bumper is pretty think metal. (2000 silverado 1500) i went to my friend to see what he could do and he said i would have to buy a new bumper because the metal is so think that if he tried to hit it out, it would just make things look worse.

does anyone have another solution to this problem? i hate looking at it everyday....
  2. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 New Member

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How about a picture of the dinked bumper. May not be able to repair and may have to replace.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Have you tried pulling your little dink out of your bumper?
  5. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 New Member

what would i use to pull it out with? the metal is pretty thick
  6. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 New Member ROTM Winner

This is really hard to give advice when we cant see what the problem is. Maybe if you post a pic of the "dink" then we can give you a better idea...
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What about the company that can fix small dents for $100. I can't remember the name, but any single walled metal can be fixed as long as the paint isn't chipped. I think it's called Dent Magic or something like that. They typically fix dings in your sheet metal, but I'd imagine if the dink is small enough that they might be able to fix it.