1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dinner's 2012 Silverado Mod Thread (Slow)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Dinner, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

Hey guys, I've been trying to get on here as much as I can but haven't any luck due to the amount of hours I'm working at the moment and still trying to having a social life ha.

Anyways, I'd figured I would make a master thread for my 2012 Silverado RCSB and all the mods/changes I will be doing over time... Got this thing back at the start of August and haven't done too much to it yet since I'm still trying to pay off my schooling but I will keep posting my progress.

Pretty basic truck... 4.8 WT 2WD with 3.23's (wanted 3.73's) and G80, Z85 & Z82 Packages. Has the convenience package with power doors, upgraded stereo, carpet, and dark titanium cloth seats. Basically all I need for options.

Mods done so far...

Airaid MIT
    Bakflip G2 tonneau cover (not installed yet)
    Belltech 2" shackles & removed the block
    De-badged tail gate
    OEM box rail protectors (not installed yet)
    OEM locking tailgate (not installed yet, want to get colourmatched first)
    OEM splash guards
    OEM rear wheel liners
    Weathertech digital fit floor liners
    Weathertech stone & bug deflector
    Windows tinted 5%

Plans...

Borla or Corsa Sport cat back exhaust
    Blackbear Tune
    OEM fog lights (going to order soon)
    '12 LTZ colourmatched split grill
    Colourmatch bumper piece, mirror caps and door handles
    Clear head lights
    HID's throughout with 6 hi mod (undecided on brand yet, had DDM tuning on my old truck)
    LED interior, license plate and reverse lights
    07-08 LTZ 20" wheels or CK375 22" wheels... if I can't either in perfect condition I'm thinking TBSS replica's or something aftermarket

After time I wouldn't mind doing a 3/5 or 4/7 drop depending on whether it's my DD still or not

Pic of it a day or 2 after I got it
    [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

De-badged the tail gate after about a week

Before...
    [​IMG]

After, still like the Silverado on there for now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Splash guards, wheel liners and deflector installed...
    [​IMG]

Clean for once.
    [​IMG]

5% tint on the rear window and sides... thinking about doing a brow
    [​IMG]

Airaid MIT
    [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Weathertech digital fits, love these
    [​IMG]

Before picture of the nice GM rake...
    [​IMG]

After the 2 shackles and block removed
    [​IMG]

Some randoms dirty pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Nice truck...was always partial to red! Check out the dealers in your area for good 20" rims & tires. People are always putting larger wheels on when they buy. Also the aftermarket ones that duplicate OEM wheels are 1/2 of the dealer cost. The dealer here sold me the 20's with Goodyear eagles for $1800.00. Are you going for 22" rims? Won't leave you with much sidewall. Have you checked your millage since you leveled the truck? I lost a few when I did mine, also lost a few miles when I put the 20" on.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nice truck! Then again I'm a bit biased after my last truck...

some nice chrome 20's always look good on the red regular cabs
  4. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

Ya I've been to the local dealer and the dealer where I bought it from and they both of 20" or 22" wheel packages but they want $2,500 for 20's and $4,000 for 22's but my buddy just actually bought a 2008 Silverado from the local dealer this past week and they put on a set of the CK916 22" GM wheels that he doesn't want so I'm thinking I'll buy em off him.

These are the CK916's
    [​IMG]
  5. nikkeshelton

Hows the Spitfire? I've got a MG B series. Just lost spark....Good old Lucas, "Prince of Darkness"!

- - - Updated - - -

Good lookin Rims!
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Haha. Nice catch there. My spitfire is still the project car I bought it to be. If all goes well, I might be able to get it on the road next summer. Gotta love that Lucas wiring. I've fixed 95% of the wiring mess that my car came with but the brake lights don't really feel like working right now. Not that the brake lights matter much when I can't get fluid to go to the rear brakes anyway...

And to dinner: Those CK916s would look really good on your truck. I really like red & chrome together.
  7. nikkeshelton

Well good luck on your restoration! Keep us posted!
  8. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

9. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Nice truck you got there Dinner! I like rcsb trucks. I would love to have one, but they aren't equipped the way I like them. You're truck will really stand out with a nice set of 22's on it.

I think you need to get that color matched grille before anything man. I can't stand that black plastic crap GM likes to put on the lower models. Keep it up!!
  10. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

Thanks, ya I know what you mean about reg. cabs and the lack of options but after taking a lot of time before buying it I realized I didn't need all the bells and whistles but I feel like if my old truck had all the power options I wouldn't have settled with anything less than a LT2 or LTZ haha.

And yes, the black is going. I have OEM fogs coming from GM and I wanna do a 2012 LTZ colourmatched split grill but they list at $790 :grrrrrr:

So I might buy my buddies GM accessory colourmatched grill that he removed the chome inserts and put in the factory black inserts since he's doing a HD conversion