1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dinner's 2012 Silverado Mod Thread (Slow)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Dinner, Nov 15, 2012.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Yeah dude you probably went with the right thing going the base model. My truck now is the SLT (heated leather, rear view camera, power pedals, etc) and I'm SPOILED, I hate it sometimes lol. My last truck (06 Silverado) was a work truck and honestly it had all I needed. Sad thing is I am so spoiled I couldn't settle for less than SLT/LTZ. Bummer.

And get on that grille! Would make your truck look sick.
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know the feeling. My red silverado was a base model. I installed the features I really wanted like power door locks and remote locks myself and it had everything else i needed except 4WD. When I bought my Avalanche, I wanted all of the good features (sunroof, electronic climate control, etc.) and would have gone for one with cloth, but I didn't want the standard velour cloth. I would have been happy with one with the sport cloth. I think it would be hard to go back to less than the full load for anything other than a work truck now.

It's funny how you can live without things like heated leather and power folding mirrors until you have them and realize just how often you actually use them when you live somewhere with cold winters and fold your mirrors in so nobody hits them when you're parked in front of your house.