1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dipstick?

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by otis24, Sep 19, 2011.

1. otis24

otis24 New Member

The dipstick on my 06 Colorado is very difficult to read. Partly due to the fact that there is some rust and darkening due to condensation(?). Does anyone offer a replacement dipstick that would be easier to read? Or just go with a new OEM dipstick?
    Update: U finally got a good reading on my oil. The end of the dipstick had darkened and the oil is fairly fresh, so I had difficulty reading the oil level. Plan on adding Marvel Mystery oil on my next oil change to give the engine a good cleaning. Hopefully, that will clean up the dipstick as well.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. marine59

marine59 New Member

i believe if my dipstick were rusting due to what i believed to be due to moisture,i would chang oil more often, like every 3000 mile i surely would be concerned.