Dirt Bikes or racing Mx Who does it? What kind of Bike? I'm looking to get one!!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Blacksheep1, May 9, 2011.

1. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I'm looking to buy a dirt bike or MXer.. What are you riding? Thanks

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I raced 2 seasons in a 250 C class in '06 & '07. This was before they changed to the 4 strokes so I was racing a CR250R with FMF pipes, jet kit, air filter, rear sproket and gold chain. The bike was FAST and it jumped well and I had zero issues out of it. A buddy I raced with had a YZ250 and I dont know if he did not run it balls to the wall or what but he was always fouling plugs and having top end problems. I owned 3 different Honda bikes and loved all of them.

3. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a honda 07 crf20r (4 stroke) and love it... really fast and is a good starter bike as well as intermediate

4. Blacksheep1

I had Suzuki RMs back in the aircooled days when they ruled the tracks. But alot has changed since then. lol

5. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

i've had them all...kx/yz/rm/cr...they were all good to me...i sold my trail bike...a TTR250 4stroke...that was a good trail bike...I am currently looking at picking up a WR450...wide ratio for good trail riding and MX suspension for attacking whoops and doing the doubles...i like my bike in the air more than on the ground...haha! but i am spoiled with the electric start...

the WR is a good mix of trail/MX....depends on what you're looking to do...i love the dirt...good luck...

6. Blacksheep1

Who makes the WR? I'm not familiar with that one. Thanks

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yamaha makes the WR450X. I have had bad luck with Yamaha 4wheelers, but I really enjoyed riding a new 450 about a year ago.

8. Blacksheep1

Thanks man I haven't been into the dirt for a long time on two wheels....The 4 strokers are all new again... I still remember when the old XL's ruled the 4 stroke off roadimg lol... Damn I'm getting old lol...