1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dirt Bikes or racing Mx Who does it? What kind of Bike? I'm looking to get one!!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Blacksheep1, May 9, 2011.

1. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member

I'm looking to buy a dirt bike or MXer.. What are you riding? Thanks
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

I raced 2 seasons in a 250 C class in '06 & '07. This was before they changed to the 4 strokes so I was racing a CR250R with FMF pipes, jet kit, air filter, rear sproket and gold chain. The bike was FAST and it jumped well and I had zero issues out of it. A buddy I raced with had a YZ250 and I dont know if he did not run it balls to the wall or what but he was always fouling plugs and having top end problems. I owned 3 different Honda bikes and loved all of them.
  3. chucknorris

chucknorris New Member

i have a honda 07 crf20r (4 stroke) and love it... really fast and is a good starter bike as well as intermediate
  4. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member

I had Suzuki RMs back in the aircooled days when they ruled the tracks. But alot has changed since then. lol
  5. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

i've had them all...kx/yz/rm/cr...they were all good to me...i sold my trail bike...a TTR250 4stroke...that was a good trail bike...I am currently looking at picking up a WR450...wide ratio for good trail riding and MX suspension for attacking whoops and doing the doubles...i like my bike in the air more than on the ground...haha! but i am spoiled with the electric start...

the WR is a good mix of trail/MX....depends on what you're looking to do...i love the dirt...good luck...
  6. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member

Who makes the WR? I'm not familiar with that one. Thanks
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

Yamaha makes the WR450X. I have had bad luck with Yamaha 4wheelers, but I really enjoyed riding a new 450 about a year ago.
  8. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member

Thanks man I haven't been into the dirt for a long time on two wheels....The 4 strokers are all new again... I still remember when the old XL's ruled the 4 stroke off roadimg lol... Damn I'm getting old lol...