Disable/Bypass auto headlights, 07 2500HD classic

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by txfire, Jan 25, 2011.

1. txfire

txfire New Member

I have an 07 2500HD and I am wanting to either disable or bypass the auto headlights.

Did a search and found some posts elsewhere.... A couple posters said to try a 1-ohm resistor or a 2.2 resistor and just wanting to confirm if any of this works or if someone has a better way to do this?

Thanks guys.
  2. txfire

txfire New Member

OK well I decided to give it a whirl and for anyone elses thougts....a 1.5k ohm resistor does the trick. Pulled the radio out reached up and got the sensor which had already fell into the dash anyways....pulled the sensor of and inserted the resistor in. Just bent it into a U shape and leave about 1/4" or so sticking out of the ends after you fold it and tape it and you are set to go! Works like a charm!
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

hey just curious...
    i finally went to radio shack to get a 1.5K, 1/2 watt resistor for this disable mod, and im about to put it in, but as far as longevity, has anyone had any problems? all im concerned about is overheating or something of the like? or if its even the right resistor LOL,
    thanks for any response