Disableing seat recal

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by pikefisher, May 19, 2013.

1. pikefisher

pikefisher Member

Can I push a button and NOT have this wonderful ### feature take control over my seat? I seem to push something now and then and my driver seat goes clear back and all the way down. Thanks.

2. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Just set it to where you want it and forget it. Let it work for you ‚Äčnot against you.

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It sounds like you are activating the "exit" feature.

No truck info, so I can not help with de-activating it.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the same issue with mine! I HAVE set it multiple times and it will work correctly one or two times and then start going all the way back and laying the seat back down. I assume that that it is a sensor issue, but I am not going to pay to fix something that I do not care to use anyway. I was also thinking about disabling mine also. I was just going to take the door switch out and disconnect it, then put the switch back in.

5. pikefisher

pikefisher Member

Thanks pikey that's not a bad idea. I wonder if their is a fuzz to pull out.

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know if doing that will also disable the heated seats. My 2 year old enjoys pressing the memory buttons whenever he gets a chance. Like I said, my seat goes all the way back, reclines, and the lumber support adjusts all the way out. My radio presets change depending on what button he presses. But, oddly enough the mirrors stay in the correct position that I set them in. I used the same setting for the seat and mirrors for both buttons.

7. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

My mirrors and seats have a mind of their own. I was thinking it might have something to do with the BCM.