Disappointed with the amount of power your stock 4.8 or 5.3 makes? -Feeler Post-

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 08_rado_rocker, Jul 8, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Before I go too much into detail without first getting clearance from Steve... I'd like to get a sense of how many members here are disappointed with the amount of power their trucks make.

My buddy and I are actually now an established LLC, specializing in modification of these LS based blocks, and things are looking GREAT. We've got our hands on some very good products for pretty decent prices and have become fairly confident that our engines are going to meet or exceed the HP numbers posted by GM Performance on their crate LS3, and we'll be selling for considerably less. No real price figures up just yet, but back to the real question...

Are there any members that are willing to go an extra mile or two to get what they want from their trucks??

Aside from providing assembled, ready to run motors.. we're looking at providing head/cam/intake setups for the ls based motors as well, would like some feedback and possibly some ideas as to what the "average customer" would be willing to do to their trucks.

Let's get some activity on this one please!
    :sign0021:

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Depends on cost-to-benefit ratio...

3. 08_rado_rocker

Working on a price figure right this minute in long-block form... and actual HP figures are TBA once Motor 1 is through the dyno... but ill say this, even not tuned... half throttle stuck me to my seat.

4. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

man about a year ago i would of hit you up... haha

5. 08_rado_rocker

Well.. what's the difference from then to now??

6. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Seems like you have set some pretty high standards, as a proud GM owner I wouldn't mind the extra power. If your seeing numbers even comparable to the LS3 that's amazing! I wouldn't mind dishing out some money for extra power. The products you plan on offering sound great, I would love to see some numbers posted.

7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would love more power! But, I am cautious when it comes to things like this. What have you hit on that companies like Edelbrock, Banks and other places like that have not? Those other comps. deal in volume so that they are able to to keep the price lower. If there was some documentation to support the gains and the price was right I would be all for helping a small business get started. Because it is guys like you that will help to grow this struggling economy.

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Rado,
    I am no longer interested in the details of this. I was -- but coming from a member of this COMMUNITY who has no interest in getting to know others AND who takes issue with those of us, here, who do ... I'll find other places to spend my hard-earned dollars. Much like I advocate changing the radio station if one doesn't like what's playing on it ... I also advocate voting with one's feet/wallet and am choosing to do do exactly that even before the disclosure of details/prices.

I just can't consider monetarily condoning someone who has a problem with people getting to know one another.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  9. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

If the price is reasonable then hell yes! I could always use more of the being thrown back into my seat sensation.

10. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

lol about $4k worth... just did cam/heads/and intake manifold swap