Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Disappointed with the amount of power your stock 4.8 or 5.3 makes? -Feeler Post-

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 08_rado_rocker, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

How about a 6.0 liter? I have considered this is an alternative to the 4.8 at some point in the trucks future, along with a 6 speed manual swap. That is what would interest me. That and the reasoning behind Surreal's post, lol.

2. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

alot depends on your want/needs/goals and funds.... a 6.0 is a great base for a build along with any ls based motor but gotta know what ya want :)

3. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I have the 6.0 LQ9, and I was disappointed with how GM decided to throttle that baby back. Tons of power, but only 4 seconds after you actually ask for it. :) No longer a problem, of course, but still, I couldn't believe how much power they'd pulled out until I actually unlocked it. Dyno wouldn't show the diff, of course, because the time is more than adequate to overcome the delay.

With whatever you guys are doing, I'd recommend addressing torque management as part of your solutions. Even removing a portion of it really goes a long way to "feeling" the power of these trucks, be it a 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0.

Cheers!

4. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

agree'd although your tranny is going to be your weak point. if you remove it it better have some work done to it then again a stall ill fix that haha

5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Well, aside from what we've deemed the "Recluse", we've also opened up our ebay store offering a few head/cam setups and other various offerings. We're seeing numbers surpassing the ls3 as of now and looking into smaller upgrades/changes to internal parts to surpass them even more. We'll be getting some dyno sheets from Texas Speed soon.

Can't give away all our secrets ;) but we deal in factory GM parts (with our own delicate modification on some) for the most part and have a decent connection on the inside. On top of this, my partner Billy is an ASE certified GM technician. Previously mentioned that we are working on getting some dyno runs (both engine and chassis), but the line is across the state lol. I'll say this: I'm impressed with it haha. Can't wait for the S/C model to be finished.
    Sorry to hear that you've taken it to that level Surreal. None-the-less... thank you for at least wishing us luck.

Looking (don't quote me here haha) for around 4-5K for a complete (aside from needing your existing sensors and tuned PCM) drop-in Recluse. We're different from other companies in our pricing. We're willing to work with our customers personally to configure packages meeting their power and hopefully checkbook desires alike.

Haha.. well when you get bored of those mods bud, we've got an ebay store open! ;)
    Our motors are 6.2 liters, and are working with Extreme Transmissions out of California (built my Allison for Trina) on getting great deals on stage 1,2 &3 transmissions to send out with our motors, as this is an obvious weak link after the 400HP mark and we're basing our HP numbers at least 100 above that at the crank from our assembly line.

Surreal's post is based on a rant i did out of frustration that may/may not have gotten blown out of proportion and taken the wrong way. I'd take it back if I could.. But as far as getting to know people goes, he's mistaken. Kenny (Shakeablegoose on here) will tell you differently than I've been accused here as far as personability goes haha. He will be getting a very complete and sweet deal from us summer of 2013!

That's what my job is!! To talk with you (the customer) and give mine and Billy's thoughts on your desires, then help you acheive them within your budget!!

Previously stated that we're working with Extreme Transmissions out of California to give our customers great pricing on transmissions that will hold up against the torque/HP numbers they desire!

6. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

While you're likely understandably busy in your endeavor, not posting in your own thread for a month, and then replying to all the comments in a single post, doesn't exactly fail to support what Surreal said, either. :)

7. 08_rado_rocker

Haha, I can unfortunately understand where you're coming from with that. But I do still work 168 hours a week at my oilfield job and am often left without access to internet use.
    Recently got approval for satellite internet, so here I am! :)

8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

what's the link to your ebay store?

9. 08_rado_rocker

10. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS2-LS3-Cyl...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cc988e788

Doesn't this kit also need to include the L76/LS3 intake to be 'complete?' The LS2 intake is cathedral port and doesn't work with the LS3 heads without an intake change. Or I guess you should probably also add to the "Note" section there that a new intake is required, instead of simply advertising that you also have LSA blowers for sale, which would work for these heads. Just to clarify, as a lot of people won't know this.