1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Disappointing day, but learned some things

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by blackburb, Mar 22, 2013.

1. blackburb

blackburb Rockstar 100 Posts

In my quest to upgrade from my '94, a buddy and I took a road trip today. First stop just over 200 miles away was an '01 3/4 ton with the 8.1L. Mother f*ck*r that is one fantastic motor! But the ride is way to harsh for my needs. So back 100 miles to a used car lot with two XL Denalis and and Escalade ESV. I'm thinkin at least I can get the 6.0 in these. The Escalade was out of my price range. One of the Denalis was in my price range and the other just a bit above. The affordable one was an '04 but it was beat. Even the salesman said it was beat! The other was on '02 Stillen conversion. Looked it all over and it was nice. Took it for a ride and thinking I'm gonna make an offer when we get back. Then I notice it. WTF? Where are the 4wd switches? These f*cking things are AWD! Goddamnit, that's no good. I want 4wd w/low range and a regular 2wd mode. All these f*cking Denalis and Escalades are AWD. So there is no way to get a nice riding 1/2 ton with anything bigger than the 5.3. Really, really disappointed. This sucks!