1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Discontinued Fuel line Part Needed

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by joemud, Jan 17, 2009.

1. joemud

joemud Rockstar

Does anyone know where I can find the switch valve for dual tanks for a 1974 Chevy Cheyenne Super K10 Suburban? It is mounted underneath the truck, infront of the rear fuel tank and I have been told by dealerships that it is no longer made. The item has one wire connection post on it, 2 inlets for fuel lines from the tanks and one outlet for the fuel line to the fuel pump. I have searched many websites but have found nothing. PLEASE HELP if you can.

Joe
    Gardner Kansas
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. jn1965

jn1965 Member

3. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

LMC truck parts.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

5. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Can you post a picture of it? I have a valve a bought a few years back for my 78, but it was the wrong one and I never returned it. If it is the same as what you have, I will cut you a great deal on it.
  6. joemud

joemud Rockstar

Still looking

I have already replaced the switch and physically checked the valve under the truck. I can't even reattach the wire to it because the post nut keeps turning the shaft for the wire to connect to. i will try to get a photo of it soon and post it for all to see. I have tried LMC also, they have nothing either, the Chevy parts dealership is the one who told me the part was no longer available. I am following up on your other suggstions to, including the valve that is posted above. Thanks for the help all.

Joe
  7. joemud

joemud Rockstar

Thanks, it won't work, but it looks like it some.
  8. joemud

joemud Rockstar

GaryL,
    I will try to get a pic posted in a couple of days, it would be great if you have what I need, thanks and talk to you soon.

Joe
  9. GaryL

When I get home tonight, I will look for it and make sure I still have it. If so I will post a pic as well.
  10. GaryL

Here's the one I have. It sounds like what you are looking for. I bought this in 98, but it was wrong for my truck, so it was never installed. Just been sitting on the shelf for 10+ years. PM me if you want it and we will work out the details. I checked with www.gmpartsclub.com and they show it discontinued as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]