Discontinued part- DRAC module

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by lakelanierboater, May 7, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. lakelanierboater

lakelanierboater New Member

I have an 1990 suburban, need a digital ratio adapter for speedometer (part# 25073959). Anyone know where I could get one? Thanks
  2. partssource1

partssource1 New Member

Did you ask your locale dealer to run it on the locator to see there was any out there some place. I tried here for you but came up blank http://www.checkanumber.com/ we use this site a work alot
  3. lakelanierboater

lakelanierboater New Member

Thanks, site came up blank
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have about a dozen of them. Whenever I see one in the junkyard, I compulsively grab it. :lol: Why do you need one? Did your old one break, are you changing tire sizes or gears?

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Here's a page that might help you find one locally in a junkyard:
    http://www.tbichips.com/drac/

The DRAC units are the same from the 80s on up to around 91 in Suburbans and up to 88 in pickups. It'll have one bank of wire jumpers at the bottom of the board. If it has 2 banks of jumpers, it's the one for the 4L60E and I can't confirm whether it'll work or not. I'm assuming you found the one in your Suburban. If not, pull the trim panel below the steering column, and reach to the right, it's clipped to the inside of the dash and takes 10 seconds to remove. That's also where they are in most pickups, though they're occasionally crammed between the glovebox and a/c box on the passenger side.
  5. partssource1

partssource1 New Member

6. Candland

Candland New Member

Candland

I have a 1990 Suburban and also need a Drac Module #25073959. You mention that you have some modules. Do you happen to have this part number? If so, how would I go about acquiring one? Thanks!

7. Crawdaddy

There should be a 3-letter code on the label on the top of the DRAC module, what's that code? I'll check to see if I have one. If I don't, using your original for reference, you just adjust the jumpers on the new one to match your old one and It'll reflect the right number of pulses. If you're interested in one of mine, we can figure out a price and shipping via PM.
  8. Candland

Candland New Member

The three letter code on the label of my DRAC module is AGG. There is also a number below this that is 36AGG X305986. I am not sure this number is helpful or not but thought I would pass it along in case it is.

9. Crawdaddy

I looked at all the modules I have, and no AGG. Luckily, that code only reflects what ratio it creates, which is changeable through some wire jumpers on the board. If you take a pic of the jummpers at the edge of the board opposite the big connectors, I can duplicate the jumper configuration and it will be the same ratio.
  10. Candland

Candland New Member

Candland

What do you think it would cost for you to (1) sell me the DRAC part and (2) make the changes?