Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Discontinued part- DRAC module

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by lakelanierboater, May 7, 2011.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I think $60 modded and shipped is fair. It's small and light, so it should go through the smallest USPS flat rate box with no problem.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. Candland

Candland New Member

Candland

That sounds good. How should we go about doing this? I can send you an electronic picture of my DRAC. How should I send this?

3. Crawdaddy

You can post the picture in this thread, but everything else, PM me.

4. Candland

Candland New Member

Candland

Sounds good. I will not be able to get a picture of the DRAC unil next week. So I will post it sometime the middle of next week. I guess you would need my mailing address and I would need to know where to mail payment?

5. easy2workon

easy2workon New Member

Need a DRAC Module

Hi Crawdaddy,

Hope you still check this forum, I need a DRAC module for a 98 Chevy diesel truck. It's actually one my son and I converted, yeah I know that makes it a bit difficult.
    It's a half ton truck that we put a 6.5 diesel in, and a 4L80E transmission. I installed a little buffer box to convert the pulses from transmission sensor, and it works, but first to second shift has always been delayed, and now after little over a year, it seems to act like cruise is set for no reason. I always intended to replace the generic buffer box with dip switches with an actual DRAC unit. Do you still have any of these units? If so, what would other info would help get the jumper settings right? I don't mind doing the jumper mods, and expected to have to play with it to get it right. Thanks in advance...Tom[

QUOTE=Crawdaddy;370580]I have about a dozen of them. Whenever I see one in the junkyard, I compulsively grab it. :lol: Why do you need one? Did your old one break, are you changing tire sizes or gears?

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Here's a page that might help you find one locally in a junkyard:
    http://www.tbichips.com/drac/

The DRAC units are the same from the 80s on up to around 91 in Suburbans and up to 88 in pickups. It'll have one bank of wire jumpers at the bottom of the board. If it has 2 banks of jumpers, it's the one for the 4L60E and I can't confirm whether it'll work or not. I'm assuming you found the one in your Suburban. If not, pull the trim panel below the steering column, and reach to the right, it's clipped to the inside of the dash and takes 10 seconds to remove. That's also where they are in most pickups, though they're occasionally crammed between the glovebox and a/c box on the passenger side.[/QUOTE]

6. Crawdaddy

Easy2workon, I still have several modules. However, they are all for older model trucks and I'm not certain they will work for you. Is the driveline you put in the truck from an older model that used the DRAC module? As far as I know, their use was discontinued somewhere around 1995. Additionally, the 4L80E should have gotten its inputs from the PCM and not the DRAC. If you're certain you need one though, I'll be glad to sell you one. :great: Let me know.

7. easy2workon

easy2workon New Member

Hey Crawdaddy,

Well, I'm going by the schematic for a 98 K2500 diesel, which is what the engine/transmission came out of. It actually shows a VSS Buffer, which I understand may technically be different. I was just hoping that if you had DRAC modules, maybe you would have a vss buffer module as well. I think I need to get the ECM number and see if I can get more detail about that particular ecm. I do have a little box wired in that I bought from Dakota Digita to convert the signal from the vss sensor to the right digital pulse for both the speedometer and the PCM, don't remember the exact pps, for each of those but it does work, just have a delayed 1st to 2nd shift, and thought it might be due to the fact that this thing is more for speedometer adjustment, and not pcm input. Anyway thanks for the reply, I'll do some more research and if you have a vss module, let me know, much appreciated.

8. RpmFreak0260

RpmFreak0260 New Member

1993 drac module

Crawdaddy: do you still have any drac modules left for sale? What information do you need to identify. I just bought the truck as a project and am putting it back together. Please help.

9. Crawdaddy

Unfortunately, as of this time I only have DRAC modules that I know will work on Pre-1992 trucks. As far as I know, you need a newer version of the DRAC that has a second set of jumpers on the board. I may be getting some more in the near future, and if I do, I'll post back in this thread or PM you.

10. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

Wow, that's got to be the thread resurrection of the week.