Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Discount buying New Chevy Truck for GMTC Members?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jan 21, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

GMTC Discount for New Chevy Trucks???

I might be able to work a deal with a Chevrolet Dealer in Dallas to give a GMTC Discount for New Chevy Trucks that are bought in a set period of time, like maybe next month.

Who's Interested? To get this moving, I'll need to know in the next week if there is any interest and I will approach the dealer to see if we can make something work. Please respond to this post so I can gauge interest. If it works in North Texas, I can see if we can make this type of agreement in all of the major markets in the US.

What type of Discount?
    This would be a discount on top of the sales price, the factory rebates and the other incentives. Basically, the dealer wouldn't have to pay for advertising for these sales, so they could pass the savings on to the buyer and call it something like "the GM Truck Club Discount".

Also, we could turn this into a machine-like program to guarantee that people get a no-hassle experience without all of the games that some dealers like to play. That's another benefit of doing something like this.

A little Background Info
    How did I get this idea? I do marketing and web design as a side business - been doing that for over ten years for a lot of clients. One of those clients is a Chevrolet Dealer that shall be nameless for now.

I was talking with some of the sales management about their advertising costs, and I was shocked to learn how is spent on average for each vehicle sold - it's many times more than I thought it would be!

So a lightbulb went on in my head! If I do the promotion for free on GMTC, then the dealership can essentially be zero-cost in advertising for each customer that buys becuase of this website. So they can pass the savings on to the buyer. I'm guessing this would be hundreds of dollars off - but we'd have to figure out what it would be.

This has just moved out of the brainstorm phase and I'm starting to think that we really could help people in North Texas (or anywhere within driving distance) get a very unique discount if they're a member or visitor (or friend/family/co-worker/neighbor) of this website.

Plus, we can tie this together and have a regional meet at the dealership, their property is nearly 15 acres and I'm sure they would pay for a BBQ/Tailgate meet-and-greet as well out here like one Saturday during this event.

Thoughts? Questions? Interested? Let me know.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I got a couple of people contact me about this, I moved it to a more prominent location so more people can see it, but to start this would be in North Texas.

3. ChevyFan

Ok, I've got feedback from this in PMs. People are interested in this program but they want more details. Here are the answers to some questions:

No-haggle price.
    We will help work out the prices for all of the vehicles, so everyone pays the same base price (+ options) and there would be no haggling.

Group Discount.
    The group discount will be taken out of that no-haggle price.

Signing Up
    When this takes off, we will post a sign-up form on here to gather information to be sure that you are part of the program.

4. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Would this just be for "trucks" or any vehicle?? I'm gonna be in the market for a cobalt / impala here in the next year or so ... just wondering.

5. ChevyFan

I was thinking of getting a Chevrolet dealer and a GMC/Buick/Cadillac dealer in every region in the US into a program like this where we can funnel GMTC member to that dealership to get a special super-discount with no hassles. That's the idea. It could be for any vehicle really.